All the members of the Institute are eligible to have an account on OpenLDAP.
- All the students have their OpenLDAP account with the login name same as their roll number in small letters.
- Faculty and Staff who have their ADS account have their OpenLDAP account created already with the same login name except the trailing numeral "1" to help distinguish the two accounts. ADS users can login to this website and use the link "Reset LDAP password using ADS" on the right hand side menu to gain access to their OpenLDAP account.
- Project staff and all visitors will be given OpenLDAP account with a login name of their available choice. Click here to apply online.
OpenLDAP account is useful in the Institute for the following services
- Students can login to workflow website to participate in the academic workflow of the Institute, e.g., registration for courses, add and drop of courses.
- OpenLDAP users can login to SonicWall web interface to clear any junk mail and to set mail filter options. Don't forget to choose the "OpenLDAP" option in the "Log in to:" drop down menu. Mails arriving at the address indicated in the "mail" field of your OpenLDAP account can be managed in this interface.
- OpenLDAP users can login to Computer Center website to view protected content linked in the right hand side menu.
- OpenLDAP users can use the proxy to access web from within the campus. Use http://hproxy.iitm.ac.in/ as the URL and 3128 as port. Configure your browser using the automatic script at http://eservices.iitm.ac.in/hproxy.pac to bypass proxy for intranet pages and use proxy only for Internet.
- Students can login to moodle to access course related resources.
- Students and hostel management staff can login to ikollege portal to work with the hostel management for mess automation related tasks.